Terms and Conditions
a. Content published on EditsByMichelle.com (also referred to hereafter as “this site”) may not be republished on another site or in any print publication without prior written consent of site owner, Michelle Rawlings. This includes, but is not limited to: text, images, videos and audio files.
- For the purposes of review or commentary, the user (where “the user” is defined as anyone who accesses this site or reads it contents) may re-post an excerpt of up to 150 words (or 30 seconds of video footage) from this site on their own website or blog with a link back to the original post. Excerpts must be in exact text and may not be altered or translated.
- The user may print up to 45 copies of any post on EditsByMichelle.com as needed for personal, educational, review or otherwise non-commercial purposes only, with citation. This text may not be changed, altered or translated in any way, and cannot appear in a publication alongside any other text.
- Any other print or digital use of content from this site is strictly prohibited unless prior written consent has been granted by site owner (Michelle Rawlings).
For special permissions, please contact me.
a. All written content on EditsByMichelle.com was created by site owner (Michelle Rawlings) and is the intellectual property of site owner (Michelle Rawlings) unless otherwise stated.
b. Unless it has been otherwise arranged in writing, any content published on EditsByMichelle.com may not be republished on another site or print publication. (See here for permissions.)
c. In no circumstance should any media appearing on EditsByMichelle.com be duplicated and used to promote any other blog, website, influencer or company without prior written consent. This includes using photos from EditsByMichelle.com in social media posts promoting other sites’ content.
d. Special considerations for media content:
- Some photos on this site may be provided courtesy of a stock photo site. If that is the case, permission has been granted or purchased for use of the photo, or the photo is public domain property and no permission is necessary. Duplication of these photos is prohibited and permission for other use cannot be granted by Michelle Rawlings or this site.
- Some photos on this site are taken and owned by site owner (Michelle Rawlings). Duplication of these photos without prior written consent is prohibited.
- Some photos are owned by other entities. If this is the case, attribution will be provided. Duplication of these photos is prohibited and permission for other use cannot be granted by Michelle Rawlings or this site.
- Some videos may be uploaded or embedded on this site, either from YouTube or another video service provider. Unless otherwise clearly stated, any uploaded videos are the intellectual property of site owner (Michelle Rawlings) to the extent of the video service provider’s allowance, and should not be duplicated or used to promote any other site, company or influencer.
- Videos on this site that are created or maintained by Michelle Rawlings, either via WordPress or via another service provider, may include audio that is not solely owned by Michelle Rawlings or this site. Permission for use of this audio is clearly stated either in the video description or on the post page on this site. Duplication of this audio is prohibited and permission for other use cannot be granted by Michelle Rawlings or this site.
Limitation Of Liability:
a. Contributors to this site, including site owner (Michelle Rawlings), reviewers and guest authors, hold no responsibility for losses incurred due to errors or omissions in any of their contributions to this site.
b. The site owner (Michelle Rawlings) cannot be held liable for any damages arising out of the use or inability to use any materials on this site.
c. Unless otherwise clearly stated, posts and other contributions to EditsByMichelle.com are not to be viewed as legal, financial or other professional guidance. Unless denoted otherwise, any advice given has grounds only in personal, anecdotal knowledge or experience and not in data or professional training. Please consult with a licensed attorney or financial adviser for personalized advice.
d. EditsByMichelle.com is not responsible for the content of sites that it hyperlinks to. Once the user has left EditsByMichelle.com, site owner and contributors assume no responsibility for content or other offenses.
e. Site owner (Michelle Rawlings) nor any contributor to this site holds responsibility for user-generated content (e.g. comments), be it libelous, spam or otherwise unlawful or offensive.
f. Any contribution to EditsByMichelle.com, including user-generated content, is subject to deletion without notice should this site (or any part of it, including individual posts or media like photos and videos) ever be terminated or deleted for any or no reason.
Google and Google Analytics may collect user data on EditsByMichelle.com for the following reasons and in the following ways:
a. Analytics + Data Reporting
- Don’t want Google Analytics to have access to your info? Opt out here.
Jetpack (Automattic) may collect user data on EditsByMichelle.com for the following reasons and in the following ways:
- Data Used: To deliver this functionality and record activities around site management, the following information is captured: user email address, user role, user login, user display name, WordPress.com and local user IDs, the activity to be recorded, the WordPress.com-connected site ID of the site on which the activity takes place, the site’s Jetpack version and the timestamp of the activity. Some activities may also include the actor’s IP address (login attempts, for example) and user agent.
- Activity Tracked: Login attempts/actions, post and page update and publish actions, comment/pingback submission and management actions, plugin and theme management actions, widget updates, user management actions and the modification of other various site settings and options. Retention duration of activity data depends on the site’s plan and activity type. Click here to see the complete list of currently-recorded activities (along with retention information).
- Data Synced: Successful and failed login attempts, which will include the actor’s IP address and user agent.
b. Contact Forms
- Data Used: Akismet is enabled on this site. As such, the contact form submission data — IP address, user agent, name, email address, website and message — is submitted to the Akismet service (also owned by Automattic) for the sole purpose of spam checking. The actual submission data is stored in the database of the site on which it was submitted (EditsByMichelle.com) and is emailed directly to the owner of the form (Michelle Rawlings). This email will include the submitter’s IP address, timestamp, name, email address, website and message.
- Data Synced: Post and post meta data associated with a user’s contact form submission. Since Akismet is enabled on this site, the IP address and user agent originally submitted with the comment are synced, as well, as they are stored in post meta.
c. Mobile Theme
- Data Used: A visitor’s preference on viewing the mobile version of a site.
- Activity Tracked: A cookie (
akm_mobile) is stored for 3.5 days to remember whether or not a visitor of the site wishes to view its mobile version. Learn more about this cookie.
- Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID and URL, Jetpack version, user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Some visitor-related information or activity may be sent to the site owner (Michelle Rawlings) via this feature. This may include: email address, WordPress.com username, site URL, email address, comment content, follow actions, etc.
- Activity Tracked: Sending notifications (i.e. when we send a notification to a particular user), opening notifications (i.e. when a user opens a notification that they receive), performing an action from within the notification panel (e.g. liking a comment or marking a comment as spam), and clicking on any link from within the notification panel/interface.
- Data Used: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process) and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
- Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (
jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
- Data Synced: Failed login attempts, which contain the user’s IP address, attempted username or email address and user agent information.
- Data Used: Any of the visitor-chosen search filters and query data in order to process a search request on the WordPress.com servers.
- Data Used: To initiate and process subscriptions, the following information is used: subscriber’s email address and the ID of the post or comment (depending on the specific subscription being processed). In the event of a new subscription being initiated, we also collect some basic server data, including all of the subscribing user’s HTTP request headers, the IP address from which the subscribing user is viewing the page and the URI which was given in order to access the page (
DOCUMENT_URI). This server data used for the exclusive purpose of monitoring and preventing abuse and spam.
- Activity Tracked: Functionality cookies are set for a duration of 347 days to remember a visitor’s blog and post subscription choices if, in fact, they have an active subscription.
i. Video Hosting
- Data Used: For video play tracking via WordPress.com Stats, the following information is used: viewer’s IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
- Activity Tracked: Video plays.
a. This blog is maintained from the Commonwealth of Virginia, in the United States of America; laws applying to residents of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and federal laws of the United States of America, will therefore be followed and enforced.
a. EditsByMichelle.com is powered and hosted by WordPress.com (Automattic), and thus, follows WordPress’s content and use guidelines. By staying on this site, the user is agreeing to all applicable WordPress policies. For more information about these policies, click here.
This page was last updated Feb. 10, 2021.